Saturday 31 January 2015

No resolution is New Year resolution

It's another 31st night.  Time is say what... little past 11 pm. I am slouched on a bed in my little room. As the clock marches towards 12, we head to the dawn of a new year. A part of me enforces me for a new attempt towards my old resolutions that could not be accomplished. And, one part of me convinces me to don't make any resolution this year as I see them getting broken in a matter of days or weeks.

No doubt making resolutions and working to achieve them makes a person's life cheerful. It is like chasing happiness by working on those small compartments of our life that we feel are getting neglected, whatever may the reasons are.
This year I have decided to stay happy with whatever I have rather than going after happiness.

After almost living one-fourth of my life, I have realized that happiness lies in our daily life. If we attempt to find happiness in our life, we may find in plenty. I have realized that in pursuit of happiness that exist tomorrow we are losing the happiness that exist today.
For the last couple of weeks I have started thinking only positive. I have started segregating my daily schedule systematically, unlike earlier. Working hard to complete my daily to-do list such that no work gets backlog for the next day. No wasting time such that I can leave the office by 7 and spend some more quality times with my family. Preparing the meeting agendas in advance on Saturdays such that I won’t have to cancel my hangouts with my friends on Sunday evenings.

It's not that I have made any resolution to make my life organised but from past many days I have started giving importance to every aspect of life. From office work to family to friends to self-improvement time. Perhaps, it is by chance or some spiritual force, i don't know. But i have realized that every aspect plays a vital role in our life. And, if we divide our time to all  these aspects, life becomes sweet, simple and cheerful. For many of us, this has always been the main target of our life. Isn't it?


So, why not start living life with this approach and come new year, we will not feel upset on getting resolutions broken as no new year resolution will be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment